Last updated 31/10/2022
Adam Bennett Lettings, the trading name of 611611 ltd ("us", "we", or "our") operates www.adambennett.co.uk and www.611611.co.uk (the "Sites"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We may use your Personal Information for our business operations and communicate to you in relation to the daily management of a property you rent/own.
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
If you have made a payment in error please contact the office on 01904 611 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your refund within 14 days of notifying us.
Information Collection and Use
From time to time we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information will include, but is not limited to your name and contact details ("Personal Information").
As a company we require certain personal information from registered users for us to perform our role and meet our legal obligations as a property management/letting agent.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your transmission device.
- Communicate with landlords and tenants in relation to our obligations to them and the daily management of properties. Our contact reasons include but are not limited to; property maintenance, rent collection, preparation for starting and ending of tenancy agreements and house viewings
- Disclosure to a tracing agent or debt collector in the event of money being owed
- Provide contact details to trades people who carry out work on a property you own or rent
- Notifying the Deposit Protection Service of any deposit you make that requires protection
- Send promotional email
- Inform the tenants guarantor when the tenant has failed to pay rent.
We may permit access or transmit your data to, but not limited to, the Deposit Protection Scheme, City of York Council, 3rd parties who work on our behalf,the landlord of a property, tenants of your property (relevant to landlords), tenants of the property you occupy (relevant to tenants), debt recovery agencies and tenant referencing agencies.
IMPORTANT - should your contact details change please contact us. We will update your details so we can continue with our obligations.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information if you have constented us to do so
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Withdrawal of Consent
Should you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your details you can do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer. Please see the section 'Contacting our Data Protection Officer' below for contact details.
Tenants & Landlords
Please note you cannot withdraw consent if you are in an active tenancy agreement as we require your Personal Information to meet our legal and contractual obligations.
You can withdraw consent once the tenancy agreement has ended.
We may store your data for up to 7 years after consent has been withdrawn to meet our legal and contractual obligations. After this period your Personal Information will automatically be removed.
Rights of the User
As a registered user of the site you have the following rights:
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the GDPR regulation
Contacting our Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
t: 01904 414 444